On the fourth day of Winter Olympic competition, here are some random thoughts:
1. Curling is the greatest sport of this, or any, Olympics. If you’re not watching it, why not?
2. NBC’s coverage is incredibly bad, mostly as a result of the overselling of commercial time. A typical segment goes like this:
The prime time coverage is nearly unwatchable. Daytime, and late night are not as bad.
3. How much “work” has Al Michaels had done?
4. The coloring of Bob Costas’ hair is much too obvious.
5. Between the too-dangerous luge track, the faulty torch lighting, and weather-related event postponements, this has not been a good Olympics for Vancouver thus far.